Did you know that as high as 70% of Americans do not have the required hours of sleep? A good amount of rest will make you fully charged for the day ahead. One of the ways people manage sleep problems is by taking CBD. Utilizing CBD to help with insomnia is one of the most common reasons why people use this compound.
In this guide we’ll learn whether CBD can help with insomnia, or not, based upon research. There are numerous types of CBD products you can use to achieve your health objectives. Here are the best methods to utilize CBD to sleep, as well as factors to consider prior to purchasing.
CBD to treat Insomnia: Does it work
Cannabidiol is also known as CBD is among the several cannabinoids present within the plant of cannabis. Our endocannabinoid systems interact with these cannabinoids , causing the operation (ECS).
The ECS is a system that helps maintain balance in the body. It regulates a variety of processes like mood, appetite as well as cognition and sleep.
CBD isn’t psychoactive. Therefore, unlike its cousin, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD won’t get users high. Instead, it gives the user with a variety of therapeutic effects.
Study indicates that CBD could aid people suffering from insomnia, which includes anxiety. However, these studies typically don’t provide a clear explanation of how CBD can help. Researchers constantly stress that they need additional research. Moreover, many studies believe that CBD could help in addressing sleep issues by tackling the root cause.
What Research Says About CBD And Insomnia?
To understand the possibility that CBD helps to sleep better it is first necessary to know the common causes of insomnia. The causes of insomnia vary, and include: of causes, including:
- Depression, anxiety as well as other mental health issues like PTSD.
- The environmental factors can be a factor, for example excessive noise and a poor sleep surface
- Physical illnesses, like chronic pain
- Medications you’re currently taking
You can utilize CBD to treat insomnia that is due to external factors. The treatment of these causes can improve your sleeping quality.
For instance, some individuals who are using CBD to treat depression and anxiety have reported better sleep.
Additionally, numerous studies suggest CBD is effective for anxiety. A study conducted in 2019 looked into whether CBD might reduce anxiety or aid in sleeping. This research involved 72 participants. The majority of them struggled with sleeping, and 47 suffered from anxiety.
The participants took the CBD dosage of 25 milligrams each in a capsule per day. After the first month, 66.7 percent reported improved sleep. 79.2 percent had lower levels of anxiety.
Another common cause of insomnia is pain. In a review published in 2018, the authors noted there’s evidence to suggest CBD alleviates pain. Also, in the reviews, the authors claimed that by alleviating chronic pain CBD helps to improve sleep.
In an 2013 study, researchers examined four Parkinson’s patients. They discovered that CBD helped reduce symptoms of REM sleep behaviour disorder (RBD). A person with RBD has trouble sleeping and experiences nightmares.
How to Properly Use CBD For Insomnia and Other Sleep Problems?
The CBD market currently consists of various product varieties. So, there are different methods to utilize CBD to treat insomnia, such as:
- Oils and tinctures
- CBD edibles like gummies
- Vape products
- Pills and capsules
Of all the methods of using CBD for insomnia, vaping delivers the greatest benefits. Furthermore it is the fastest way to ensure that more CBD is absorbed into your system when compared with other methods. It is worth noting that there’s not enough study regarding vaping CBD. And, not only that, you may be exposed to possible health risks for your respiratory system.
Additionally, there isn’t a prescribed dosage of CBD to treat insomnia. So, the dose of CBD you take will be contingent on various factors. These include your metabolism, weight and how severe your illness.
With CBD it is possible that what works for one person might not work for you. In the majority of clinical trials and studies, researchers use varying dosages. The dosages we receive daily range between 25 mg and 1500 mg CBD for sleep problems.
In addition, the standard guideline for dosing CBD is to start with a low dosage. Gradually increase the dose until you determine what works for you.
What to Consider Before Buying CBD for Insomnia?
There are many aspects you need to think about before purchasing CBD to treat insomnia. There are a variety of CBD products gracing the stores at present. And to enjoy the benefits, it is essential to use the best CBD sleep product because the market is flooded with counterfeit and substandard products.
The most crucial thing to remember when buying any CBD products, you must consider:
- Hemp’s Source: Where the hemp is grown is one of the most crucial things to keep an eye on. The reason is the hemp’s origin determines the quality of the final product. Look for brands that are made from rich, organic hemp plants. The hemp plant should be free from pesticides, herbicides, as well as other chemicals.
- Trustworthy Brand Read customer reviews on the company’s website. Also, take a look at what other customers are saying on independent review sites like Trustpilot.
- Extract Methods: There are several ways to extract CBD out of the cannabis plant. It also affects the effectiveness of CBD. CBD product. Therefore, it is important to take note of the process the company is using.
- CO2 extraction is considered to be the best in the industry. This is why you should consider manufacturers that make use of this method.
- Third-party tests: Unfortunately, the CBD industry is not properly regulated. One way that consumers are able to verify the security of the product is by looking at reports of third-party companies. Beware of CBD businesses that do not provide an official certificate of analysis (COA) with tests conducted by third parties. Usually, the COA is available displayed on the website of the business. In the event that it is not available, then the company must provide it to you when you request it.
Insomnia is a common sleep disorder that affects a huge variety of people. The majority of doctors recommend change in behavior and lifestyle. In some cases doctors might prescribe medicines.
Scientific research supports that CBD could have many health advantages. Particularly, studies suggest that CBD may aid in improving sleep. There are a variety of ways to consume CBD as well as a variety of products that you can try.
We suggest taking the time to study the CBD company prior to buying. Additionally, following our shopping guidelines will help you choose a high-quality product.